Q&A Turn chipped wood into logs ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I live on 10 acres of Pine- Oak and fruit trees. Every year I have tons of biomass that I would love to turn into prestologs but understand no such affordable equipment exists of the small homestead type application. So how about using wood chips in a pellet stove or such? The presto idea seems better as leaves and needles could be part of the mix. Now they become summer haze instead of winter heat.

Answer:

Sorry- you cannot use wood chips in any type of pellet stove. the auger and feed mechanisms are designed for just ONE certain size of pellet. You are right- there is no moderately priced solution to this problem- except using the chips for mulch !

Status
Not open for further replies.