Turn stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sconnie Burner

Feeling the Heat
Aug 23, 2014
Western Wi
In my basement living room where my woodstove is, is kind of an L shape and the woodstove faces the wall across from it and the blower just blows against the wall and seems to trap the hot air on the small closed in side of the L. Can I pivot the stove so it points more towards the seating/stair area so the blower can disperse the heat into the house a little better? Or do I need to keep it inline with the horizontal pipe that goes outside through the wall? Screenshot_2014-09-24-18-00-36.pngSorry for the crude picture, but it shows what I'm after I think?

I don't think that turning the stove a bit will be a problem since you seem to have some vertical pipe first judging from your avatar. Have you already tried a small desk fan on the floor at the bottom of the stairs blowing cold air towards the stove? That should establish a convective loop getting the warm air out of the there. I would also give running the stove without the blower on a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.