Turn the stove up a notch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Looking out the back of the store this morning. chilly

Eric

Attachments

• SANY0261.JPG
    SANY0261.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 525
20°F, 7°F with the wind chill. Got to love this global warming thing.

21 this AM here near the Delaware Water Gap. Wind chill is 10. The stove has the house at a comfy 72.........

kinsman stoves said:

Eric
please no more pictures of winter ,i think by now everybody knows it cold out , its been beat to death ;-)

Mike J said:
20°F, 7°F with the wind chill. Got to love this global warming thing.

About the same here in Connecticut.....................

House is more comfy now than it ever was last year.

Just turned the stove off to clean it out...........give me a little time and she'll be cranked up again. I can handle this... ;-)

xpellet freakx said:
please no more pictures of winter ,i think by now everybody knows it cold out , its been beat to death ;-)

Lol. Get used to it man. Pics of cold/snow and warm stoves
are the norm around here.
snowedunder.gif

zeta said:
xpellet freakx said:

snowedunder.gif

It was meant as a joke response to kinsman, about needless post,,, what pellets to buy,,,which stove to buy etc.

kinsman stoves said:

Eric
What stove would be the best to buy to deal with that cold?? ;)

kbd627 said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

Any stove that I have.

Eric

xpellet freakx said:
zeta said:
xpellet freakx said:

snowedunder.gif

It was meant as a joke response to kinsman, about needless post,,, what pellets to buy,,,which stove to buy etc.

I never said anything about "needless post". Just the same question asked over and over.....I have 4 kids I can stay home and get that. With that said I need to take up another hobby...

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
kbd627 said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

Any stove that I have.

Eric
Which venting configuation works best with your stoves?
Will it heat my entire house by itself?

kinsman stoves said:
kbd627 said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

Any stove that I have.

Eric

What stoves do you have? What pellets burn best in them? Will they heat a 10,000 sf house? :)

IMG_1026_1_1.gif

I blame you Eric, we have not had snow until you started posting pictures.

slls said:
IMG_1026_1_1.gif

I blame you Eric, we have not had snow until you started posting pictures.

You call that snow?

Eric

kbd627 said:
kinsman stoves said:
kbd627 said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

Any stove that I have.

Eric

What stoves do you have? What pellets burn best in them? Will they heat a 10,000 sf house? :)

I have this stove that is rated for 50,000 SQFT and in your small (10,000 sqft) house you would only need to run it on level #1/2. I bet you can heat with less than a handfull of pellets a week.

Thanks for asking
Eric

kimeric said:
hardwood or softwood pellets?

These are special pellets made with a touch of fairy dust. I do not want to hear about how I know a fairy. She is just a friend..........

Eric

you are too funny! :)

How about,

"You pellet guys are wasting your money, I heat my house with natural gas for $200.00 per month, I swear." This with quadratic equations backs by multivariate calculus and particle physics explanations of BtUs.

Jabberwocky said:
How about,

"You pellet guys are wasting your money, I heat my house with natural gas for $200.00 per month, I swear." This with quadratic equations backs by multivariate calculus and particle physics explanations of BtUs.

I had a fella in the store a few days ago saying he can heat with NG for $300 per month for a couple months, why should he buy a stove and 3-4 ton of pellets a year. I asked him what temp did he keep his house at? He stated just over 60 in the day and shuts the furnace off at night cause they like it cold. I told him "most" people with pellet stoves keep their most used areas of their house where the stove is located at 70 during the day and maybe a little less at night. His wife's ears perked up and she could not believe that. I will check on Monday for the model of stove they want. I am out of stock on it.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
Jabberwocky said:
How about,

I had a fella in the store a few days ago saying he can heat with NG for $300 per month for a couple months, why should he buy a stove and 3-4 ton of pellets a year. I asked him what temp did he keep his house at? He stated just over 60 in the day and shuts the furnace off at night cause they like it cold. I told him "most" people with pellet stoves keep their most used areas of their house where the stove is located at 70 during the day and maybe a little less at night. His wife's ears perked up and she could not believe that. I will check on Monday for the model of stove they want. I am out of stock on it.

Eric

Yeah, sounds like HE likes it cold, not so sure about the wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.