Turn yourself into future firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTFIRE

Burning Hunk
Dec 8, 2012
https://urnabios.com/

Urna Bios is a biodegradable urn, designed to turn the ashes of a person or pet into a tree. Thanks to its design and manufacture, the urn provides proper germination and later growth of the tree, based on a person or pet’s ashes. In this way, death becomes a transformation and return to life by means of nature.

What type of seeds can I use with Bios Urn?
You can use any seed. In fact, we recommend that you consult with an expert to find out what type of tree and in which area you should plant your tree. We currently distribute these seeds:
  1. Cypress (Pinus halepensis)
  2. Beech (Fagus sylvatica)
  3. Gingko (Gingko)
  4. Oak (Quercus robur)
  5. Maple (Acer platanoides)
  6. Oak (Quercus rubra)
  7. Ash (Fraxinus excelsior)
  8. Pine (Pinus halepensis)

When I die the second time don't burn me in a cat stove. Secondary burn for me!

:eek: $145 for a compressed peat container and a seed??!!_g

You wouldn't catch me dead in one of those.

Great, you can continue to support a beech even when you are gone ....

Reactions: Mag Craft
Already bought my piece of property for my future and final move . . . got the deed and everything.

Wife's plan is to cremate me if I go first and drag my ashes around with her to wherever she is living . . . and then have her ashes mixed with mine when she dies . . . and then someone just needs to take a spade to the cemetery plot, dig a small hole and plop us in . . . there are quite a few large maples nearby . . . there's a pretty good shot I will be fertilizing at least one tree.

I just found it interesting the amount of time we spend gathering, splitting, seasoning, etc the idea we could come back 200 yrs later and frustrate some future generation zeroing in on out ideal moisture content

Actually I am opting for a more "non-traditional" cremation.
http://myholysmoke.com/Our_Services.html
I am going out with a BANG!;)

-------------------------

On our property, we have always planted trees for special occasions.
There are 3 trees for each of my children's birthdays. etc.
A Ginko, a Dawn Redwood, and a Yellowwood.

A Kwanzan Cherry for our wedding.

So I figure I should mix it up a bit when I leave.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.