TV behind pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

siriustock

Dec 2, 2010
Saginaw Mi.
I am going to put a pellet stove in my family room and im trying to decide how im going to arrange the room to make it all work. I was thinking about mounting my plasma on the wall behind the stove. How hot does it get on the wall behind the stove? has anyone have a set up like that do you think it would hurt the TV.

Thanks

siriustock said:
I am going to put a pellet stove in my family room and im trying to decide how im going to arrange the room to make it all work. I was thinking about mounting my plasma on the wall behind the stove. How hot does it get on the wall behind the stove? has anyone have a set up like that do you think it would hurt the TV.

Thanks

It won't be a problem at all, the stove blows hot air out from the stove, not up. My plasma is directly above my stove, with no issues at all.

If you are concerned, try placing a thermometer on the wall where the TV will be and monitor the temperature for a day. That will tell you exactly how hot it is above the stove. I was surprised when I did that, I thought the temp would be much higher than it actually was.

I dont see a problem eather, I have all kinds of stuff above my stove. During my winter break from school I am thinking of putting a mantel above mine.

I am going to put a TV above my pellet stove because of the way my living room is laid out. I have run the stove full blast and monitored the wall temperature with my hand (no thermometer). I see no reason why a TV would have any problems with these temperatures. However, in my opinion mounting the TV above the stove does force you to put it a higher than optimal elevation for viewing. You can start getting that Motel 6 feel real fast.

Unless you vacuum your pellets, you can expect to have to clean the TV screen more often than having it further away form the stove....unless you can pour pellets in without raising any dust!!

My plasma is 58" and right now its on a stand and seems kind of low for its size so above the stove should not be a problem. I would eventually put a stone surround and and mantel above the stove then builtins on ether side. The wall im putting the stove on it 13' wide.

Do you have any problem with lighting - -like glare and reflections?

No glare the Family room is 13' by 25' and only 1 window on the side wall. I have the seating area where the stove will be then my pool table and its open to the dining room them kitchen. so i am hoping putting the stove on the back wall it will heat threw the whole house. Oh by the way do you think the heat blowing right toward the pool table will hurt anything? the table is about 15' away from where the stove will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.