Twin Spin fun fire project.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

webby3650

Master of Fire
Sep 2, 2008
Indiana
I’ve seen these around a time or 2. This came available not far from me. It was in the barn of the original owner for the last 16 years, In kind of rough condition, but repairable. It seemed like a fun project and would be fun to have around. There’s almost no info out there about these stoves, so I thought I’d share. I’ve got all the glass out, cleaning it up and preparing for paint.

IMG_5052.jpeg IMG_5056.jpeg

I’ve seen these around a time or 2. This came available not far from me. It was in the barn of the original owner for the last 16 years, In kind of rough condition, but repairable. It seemed like a fun project and would be fun to have around. There’s almost no info out there about these stoves, so I thought I’d share. I’ve got all the glass out, cleaning it up and preparing for paint.

View attachment 321492 View attachment 321493
Very cool. I always wondered about those stoves

Reactions: webby3650
It's the first time I've seen one. Looks like a modified barrel stove with ovens on the output leg. What covers the firebox, blue steel?

It's the first time I've seen one. Looks like a modified barrel stove with ovens on the output leg. What covers the firebox, blue steel?
Glass. It's all glass

Curved ceramic glass? That's got to cost a bit.

Curved ceramic glass? That's got to cost a bit.
This predates ceramic glass. Or at least before it was affordable. It’s actually tempered, there’s enough air wash that it holds up. I hope anyway…

Does it heat well or is it mostly for show? Does the glass stay pretty clear?

Does it heat well or is it mostly for show? Does the glass stay pretty clear?
The glass stays very clean. The air is introduced under the elevated firebox floor. The air circulates around the barrel forming an air wash. That’s where the twin spin name comes in. The fire spins back down to the outlet below the oven. It’s definitely a heater, not efficient, but is heating the whole garage.

Reactions: begreen