Two great finds in one day...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

k3c4forlife

Oct 30, 2009
I pretty much start every post with the same sentence. I just bought my first house...

I am a civil engineer that does a lot of work for municipalities. Today, one of our Boroughs had to move a water main to accomidate a piece of property we sold for development. I was on site doing the inspection, got a cord of Oak, cut to length while they were clearing the new trench area... Loaded that up during lunch and unloaded it when I got home

I got home, unloaded the oak, and called my wife to see how work was going (she waitresses at Applebys for our spending money). Turns out one of the bartenders at work heard we bought a house and that it had a stove. He offered her a cord of cut and split Ash that had been seasoning for 8 months. The only catch was that I had to take 4 pieces of 250lb truck that he couldn't split. Loaded that up this morning and burning it right now.

A successful day. Why did I ever pay for a cord of wood?

:)

Shari

k3c4forlife said:
I pretty much start every post with the same sentence. I just bought my first house...

I am a civil engineer that does a lot of work for municipalities. Today, one of our Boroughs had to move a water main to accomidate a piece of property we sold for development. I was on site doing the inspection, got a cord of Oak, cut to length while they were clearing the new trench area... Loaded that up during lunch and unloaded it when I got home

I got home, unloaded the oak, and called my wife to see how work was going (she waitresses at Applebys for our spending money). Turns out one of the bartenders at work heard we bought a house and that it had a stove. He offered her a cord of cut and split Ash that had been seasoning for 8 months. The only catch was that I had to take 4 pieces of 250lb truck that he couldn't split. Loaded that up this morning and burning it right now.

A successful day. Why did I ever pay for a cord of wood?

nice job

What the heck are you driving that can carry a CORD of green oak????? This is 4' x 4' x 8' that you are talking about, right? Nice score.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.