two inch long pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gottahavvitt

Oct 2, 2009
western ma
I am trying out some Instantheat pellets in my ENGLANDER TIMBERRRIDGE. i AM HEARING A VERY ANNOYING VIBRATION EVERY TIME THE AUGER KICKS ON.
I don't think it is getting enough pellets but when the vibration noise is not there then it dumps a lot of pellets all at once.
I checked the pellets over and there seems to be a LOT of pellets that are 2 inches and some longer. I figure it is the pellet length that is causing my problem.
The first ten bags went pretty good giving me plenty of heat.
Is there anything I can do to shorten these pellets up a bit or should I just toss em out on their ear??

Gottahavvitt,

Re: "Is there anything I can do to shorten these pellets up a bit or should I just toss em out on their ear??"

Beat on the bags with a Louisville Slugger baseball bat before opening . . . . OK . . . . .BAD IDEA!!

What about screening, piuck out the longest pellets, and break by hand or put in a small container and BEAT THE CRAP OUTTA THEM WITH A BALL PEEN HAMMER . . . . .

Hmmm . . . . Violence seems to be the theme here . . . . BAD BAD Ranger.

Ranger

P.S. I would not keep putting long pellets in your hopper if they are putting a strain on the auger motor and gearbox. Could get expensive fast.

gottahavvitt said:
.....or should I just toss em out on their ear??

Yes, toss them toward a PIG's ear......mine. I'll be right over to help you get rid of those bad pellets......send address, my GPS will find you. :cheese:

Not the pellets problem it's the stove!!!, cheapy englander auger motor doesnt have the "snot" to turn them long pellets up the chute.

I have Instantheat pellets and i noticed some are long but i dont think 2", mostly likely do to a higher moisture content they "stick" and become loooong when pressed out of the die.

Forgot to add you could do the Super Bowl Shuffle on top of the bags, there strong bags just step on them for a minute, crunch them pellets up fast or use the bag as a stair stepper excercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.