two more questions. Still trying to decide on whether to go pellet stove or not

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fitnesstech

Oct 24, 2010
Western NC
1) any thoughts on the Enviro Omega Multi fuel stove? Wondering if there is a stove that is as good or better for the money.

2) I found hardwood pellets from a hardwood flooring Mfg, that uses its waste to make all hardwood pellets. They are selling for $212.00 /Ton. Do not know if it is a Premium or super Premium pellet. The lady I spoke to told me that the dealers who sell their product keep coming back. Your thoughts

someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think pellets that come from a hardwood flooring mfg. should be good quality because they have a consistant quality of waist material to make the pellets from.

Paging Jtakeman!!!!!!!

Kiln Dried Hardwood...What could be better for making pellets?

86 toy said:
someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think pellets that come from a hardwood flooring mfg. should be good quality because they have a consistant quality of waist material to make the pellets from.

You are correct. For example, Somerset pellets are a very good choice......their a hardwood flooring company, and as you said, have tight control over their waste sawdust that get made into their pellets.

I can't help you on the Enviro Omega unit as I dont know much about them, but I can chime in and agree with those who say hardwood flooring sawdust makes for a good pellet. I have used Sommerset, and Country Boy White Lightning, both made from flooring sawdust, and both are very good hardwood pellets. They both burned very well, with very little ash, and also not much smoking during initial start up either. Im impressed with these two brands, and I know that J takeman who is on this forum can elaborate on many brands that he and others have personally tested for quality. The price, $212 a ton is pretty good, Im in Ohio, and I got mine for $168 this year with a $40 delivery fee as the guy lives about an hour away, so the price you got was very good. I'm also sure that several Enviro owners will chime in here and give you some insight on the Enviro Omega and how good the unit is as well as any of the known issues it may have.

Good luck,

Treadmillman,

I agree with the other posters . . .

Pellet mills that can control their source of raw material make some of the best product.

Sawdust from hardwood flooring should be clean and make excellent pellets.

Cannot comment on the stove brand as I have had no experience with them.

Ranger

Treadmillman said:
1) any thoughts on the Enviro Omega Multi fuel stove? Wondering if there is a stove that is as good or better for the money.

I am on my 3rd season with my Omega. 2 words for it so far "awesome stove". Burns anything and throws massive amounts of heat. It has no issue runnig all week without cleaning. I do a Sunday morning cleaning but could go weeks without it. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them. Another member named hearthtools has the same stove. He has had his longer than I and was the one that recommended the Omega to me.

The Omega's are being phased out and replaced with the Maxx M. Basically the same stove but it does have a larger convection blower to better distribute heat about the house.

Treadmillman said:
2) I found hardwood pellets from a hardwood flooring Mfg, that uses its waste to make all hardwood pellets. They are selling for $212.00 /Ton. Do not know if it is a Premium or super Premium pellet. The lady I spoke to told me that the dealers who sell their product keep coming back. Your thoughts

Any pellet mill with controlled in house fiber has the best chances at a stable pellet. These are the pellets I look for first. But the Omega will not be picky about what you choose. I have burned so really bad pellets with no problems with the Omega. I am the picky one!

Status
Not open for further replies.