Two questions for Envrio M55 insert/Regency GCI60 insert???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1Dtml

Feeling the Heat
Nov 22, 2011
CT
Hello,
I would like to know what type of glue to use to hold the magnet into the sliding top cover?? I believe the magnet is used to sense the cover being closed. This is the second time this has fallen out. The first time was under warranty and the repair guy took care of it.

The second question is the stove came with a heat resistant lube for the agitator shaft. It looks like a gold or copper colored flake that came in a squeeze tube.
If I remember correctly someone knew it was some kind of loctite brand product. If someone would be so kind as to identify it, and where to get it?? I know I could probably get it through a part number, but prefer to save some money ....times is tuff lately.

Thanks in Advance,
Todd

For the agitator use anti-seize. It comes in a small tube. Mine is made by Permatex and it was in the automotive section at the hardware store.

My tube is labelled, it's LocTite C5-A Antie Sieze.
Don't know what type of glue was used, but I imagine any good adhesive would work. Maybe try Goop or Gorilla Glue.
Mine hasn't fallen off, but it did give me trouble scraping on the thermostat switch without me knowing it.

I bought some copper anti seize from the local NAPA. The installers took the OEM a tube.

LocTite C5-A is what Enviro supplied with my stove.

As for the magnet glue...any good 2-part epoxy will work...
I personally like the Devcon 5-minute for around the house repairs

Goop might work but is fairly soft when cured (think sneaker sole rubber)
Gorilla glue will stick but I find it messy and it always goes bad in the tube before I can use it up.

---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.