Two Questions: Weather and NC13 specific

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

delp

Jan 6, 2009
pittsburgh, pa
Monday's weather will be the coldest we've had here all year, 18degs and very windy.

First question - what to do different, or watch out for, while burning with high wind ?
I've got 35+' of SS lined flue, so draft has never been a problem (1st year burning).

Second question - cleaned the flue yesterday --a little over 1/3cup of mostly fluffy brown with some crispy critters from the top of the flue (next years wood is going to be SO good!)

Anyway, the first (front-most) reburn tube in the 13 is totally weird...after cleaning the flue and reassembling everything I realized that if I fully tighten the screw that holds in the tube it pulls it out of the right side hole that it is suppose to fit into. I played with all possible combination of "tightenings" and the only compromise that keeps the right end of the tube in the hole and the screw somewhat in the left side seems really compromised and not right. Meaning that if I were to (inevitably) bump the tube while loading the stove that tup is going to come tumbling down...

I hope that makes sense, and assume it will make most sense to Englander owners. Any clues about what might be up with this?

Finally, this is my first year burning and my third year on Hearth.com. Whao!

Happy new year to all!

Sounds like your doing pretty good with your stove. Colder weather makes for better draft - just keep an eye on it. Thank of draft also as air flow, so you might not require as much open damper to get the same burn results.

With regards to your burn tube, maybe others can comment, but you can also call Englander too - great customer support.

Happy burning,
Bill

Thanks for the reply, Bill.

Yup, unless another Englander owner chimes in about the tube, I'll make a call the folk there next week.

Best,
Alina

Status
Not open for further replies.