Two tanks.. in and upright.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JP11

Minister of Fire
May 15, 2011
Central Maine
First one was a bear, and stressfull. It literally took a "hand" from the builder to get them to tilt upright. It was just over what the tractor tilt cylinders could do. IMG_0578.JPGIMG_0579.JPGIMG_0580.JPGIMG_0582.JPG

I was ready to load them back on the trailer and do stacked horizontal. I had the ceiling height (not more than a half inch to spare) so I didn't want to give up floor space. I think I'll be able to remove my poly 330gal biodiesel tank, and just run my twin 275s... So I think I'll use floor mount SX110V tanks for expansion.

I had to jack and use 1" of plate steel to get the tanks up enough for ball valve mounting. I just need to buy a shop vac adapter and smaller hose to suck out the rust and dirt from one tank especially. Lot of flushing in my future.

Been fun so far.

JP

Looks like a good start !

Nice work JP. It will all come together in time. When you are all done it will be worth it. Keep us up to date.

Good stuff. When there is a will there is a way. And even if there isn't a way I usually force my will.;) (man I miss all the other smileys we used to have)
What size tanks are they? Where did you get them? What system are you heating with?

They are twin 500s. I got them from a friend of a friend that has a construction business. I'm supposed to be getting a few more that are already built on skids. I'll use those in my biodiesel production.

Vigas 60 going in. Heated space in the home is about 6k sf.

Plan is 1.5 inch pipe boiler to tanks. 1 inch tanks to manifold on current oil boiler.

I've got about 9 cords of wood C/S/S on pallets.

Now if I could just get all the dang rust and dirt out of the worst tank!!! It must be 6 inches deep in the bottom of the dome. Shop vac is getting it little by litte. Maybe it will come out easier next week after I get back and it's a bit drier. Flushing it out worked slow, but did melt the ice in the tanks.

JP

Very cool. 1.5 pipe is the way to go.
i ran 1" pex about 70 ft from wood gun to primary loop. I probably should have run 1.5"
Yeah make sure you get every spec out. you don't want to jam a pump or valve or anything else.
Good luck keep posting pictures.

Sounds like you definitly need to put a Y strainer in your system.

Looking good, See you soon.
Delivery next week?

I've got the plumber lined up for the first week of April. I'm home Sunday thru Tues next week.

I messed up the threads on one of the ports. It's not too bad.. but needs a chase.

Anxious to get it all together. No word from our friend the next town over. I didn't get a chance to stop and see him.

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.