Two thermostats on one zone???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

infinitymike

Minister of Fire
Aug 23, 2011
Long Island, NY
Is it possible to put two T-stats on one zone.
My 1st floor is controlled by one stat and one zone. The stat is in the living room which is in the front of the house which faces south west. It heats up by the sun more then the den where we spend most of our time which is in the back of the house facing north.
I was thinking of just hooking up another stat in that room.

If that works could I hook up another stat in my home office which faces north as well.
Then my wife can control the heat when she is in there all day.

eventually I plan on going with staple up radiant and then I will have separate zones.

One stat one zone you could relocate the stat to the den area so you had better control

One stat one zone you could relocate the stat to the den area so you had better control for that room ,but the room that
Had the stat would be warmer than you would want.You could always make that room a separate zone.

Assuming you just have a plane-jane zone relay to control your cirs, you could put another t-stat on that same zone. Just land the wires to the same terminals.

Im sure there is a good reason why this isnt a good idea (aside from the fact that you might overheat your original space.

As Humbplub brings up, you could just move the stat from the living room to the Den to keep things simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.