Two way flow check valve ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

machinistbcb

Nov 21, 2007
Sabattus Maine
I am in the process of finally plumbing in my wood boiler to my current system. I already have a flow check valve like the one pitcured below that my oil boiler feeds into the verticle port. The horizontal port on the flow check is currently plugged off. My qustions is can I use the horizontal port of the flow check to tie my woo boiler feed into the system. I am not quite sure how these two way flow checks work. Do the check flow in two directions ? Will it prevent the feed water from my wood boiler from going down into the oil boiler (which is what i want)

Thanks Brian

Attachments

• FloChek[1].jpg
    FloChek[1].jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 238
I have already read that actually. What I am trying to find out is why is there an etra port on the flow check valve and if I can uae that port instead of having to buy another valve.

Thanks Brian

The flow check can be used like a coupling, or an ell. You plug the not used port. You never use all three ports. The unused port must always be plugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.