Two white oaks and a red oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roundgunner

Feeling the Heat
Nov 26, 2013
Rural CT
This is at a friends house about 25 miles away. I think it ill split out to be about 2 cords. I wish I could do this every week.

I'm getting more free oak than maple and pine combined, hope it stay's like this.

Nice wood that tractor makes things easier, gonna get one before I retire again.

Reactions: TreePointer
I use that Kubota like crazy, wife says I have 3 more payments.

Last edited:
That's a ways to go, but that is some good wood. >>

Nice! Rounds look huge but that K Bo will help a lot. Yep nice tractor. Oops wood forum... Nice Oak!:)

Yeah the rounds are bucked into 24" lengths. Some are about 28-29 diameter. I'm guessing they weigh about 300 each and it picks up 2 at a time if you have a helper to keep them pushed back while you curl. Got it all home today but I need to finish the maple from the lady next door before I start the oak. I still think it will stack out at 2+ cords.

Status
Not open for further replies.