Two year old Harman insert (CL)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks really clean and in good shape. Too bad no price is listed/

Wow, somebody will snap that up fast.

So I'm going to be picking this up on Sunday (driving 2 hours from NH to get it!). How hard are these to remove/uninstall? I need to do it myself and have no experience. Easy, hard?

Download the manual. it tells you in there how to take it appart. Even with it appart you will need a dolly or something to carry it out on and you will need some 2X4s to build a base to get it home safely...

Bring a rechargable screw gun a saw and some screws along with a couple 2X4s and at least another strong person for when you must lift....

I recommend renting a set of ramps (about $5 from Home Depot) and a heavy duty dolly. If it weighs anywhere close to my 420 lb Harman Invincible you're going to need them to get it in and out of your vehicle.

So I'm going to be picking this up on Sunday (driving 2 hours from NH to get it!). How hard are these to remove/uninstall? I need to do it myself and have no experience. Easy, hard?

How did you happen to find this stove? Then find this thread on the stove you were buying?

Or did you "Lurk" and see the thread, then join the club?

Welcome to the Forums. The liner will hopefully have Block off plates top and bottom of the chimney, or at least the top.

Take a lot of tools, then a few more. Then take a lot of pics, then a few more :)

Congrats on the purchase.

oh and bring a vacum that has a bag filter. If you use the house vac then make sure to replace the bag in there for your wife. A standard wet dry vac will NOT work and make a mess in the existing owners home. If you take it appart without cleaning you will have quite the mess.

Thanks for the advice. I actually found a local installer who is going to come with me, uninstall the stove, then transport it to my house and install it in my insert. All for $500. In my mind, not bad considering the stove is 2 hours away from me and I won't be able to mess it up!

I found the insert on this forum, and have been trolling for a while as I just purchased my first home and am trying to cut down on oil use! Appreciate everyone's help. Now to find some pellets, I got a few bags of Fireside Ultra to test out so the installer can show me what I'm doing.

Reactions: smoke show
Thanks for the advice. I actually found a local installer who is going to come with me, uninstall the stove, then transport it to my house and install it in my insert. All for $500. In my mind, not bad considering the stove is 2 hours away from me and I won't be able to mess it up!

I found the insert on this forum, and have been trolling for a while as I just purchased my first home and am trying to cut down on oil use! Appreciate everyone's help. Now to find some pellets, I got a few bags of Fireside Ultra to test out so the installer can show me what I'm doing.

$500 for an uninstall and install.... Thats pretty good.

Welcome to the Forums and of course were gonna want some Pics :)

Installed today :) Here are pics as requested! Looking forward to my first burning season!!

a%3E
photo-1.jpgphoto.jpg

Reactions: smoke show
hmmm....nice install, tho I see two things......

1. not a fan of the logset, as it inhibits the regular weekly scraping of the burnpot....you'll have to remove a hot and fragile logset to do this....it just lifts off, but we find that that one impediment stops folks from doing this
2. I believe that the clearance from the front glass to combustibles needs to be 6" (see manual). I cant quite tell if the light tan thing the shoes are sitting on is wood or not, but it is, Im skeptical that that clearance minimum is met

hmmm....nice install, tho I see two things......

1. not a fan of the logset, as it inhibits the regular weekly scraping of the burnpot....you'll have to remove a hot and fragile logset to do this....it just lifts off, but we find that that one impediment stops folks from doing this
2. I believe that the clearance from the front glass to combustibles needs to be 6" (see manual). I cant quite tell if the light tan thing the shoes are sitting on is wood or not, but it is, Im skeptical that that clearance minimum is met

Thanks for the input. The logset will probably come out before I start using the stove. It came with it, so I put it in, but for ease of cleaning it will probably come out. I've heard they just build up ash too.

The tan is wood floor like you suspected. Wasn't aware of the 6" rule, (haven't read the manual yet, but will before burning season). I'll get some tile to lie down around it.

Thanks!

Just measured, from glass to edge of brick is exactly 6". Phew. May still do something extra, but I at least make the 6".

Reactions: Defiant
Just measured, from glass to edge of brick is exactly 6". Phew. May still do something extra, but I at least make the 6".
You should be okay, feel the wood after burning awhile to see if it gets too hot. Save the log set for the off season, he may be called Lousyweather but he has good advice;)

Reactions: Lousyweather
You should be okay, feel the wood after burning awhile to see if it gets too hot. Save the log set for the off season, he may be called Lousyweather but he has good advice;)

oh, it wont be hot there.....I just mentioned it because its one of the things our code officials tend to look for.....seen an install or two failed because of it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.