Two Years Plus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stax said:
Zap, what's the temp of your stove when she's blasting like that? I'm still afraid to get mine going like that.

That was 600-650 stove top temp, anything over 800 is a overfire. Once it gets cold out we like burn like burning at that temp.

zap

Stax we have a lopi liberty also and the first year I was like you and afraid to get it going like zaps pics. Now when it goes into what i like to call nuclear mode it doesn't bother me a bit just have to keep an eye on the stovetop temp. I usually start takeing more notice if the temp goes above 750.

lopiliberty said:
Stax we have a lopi liberty also and the first year I was like you and afraid to get it going like zaps pics. Now when it goes into what i like to call nuclear mode it doesn't bother me a bit just have to keep an eye on the stovetop temp. I usually start takeing more notice if the temp goes above 750.

Did you settle that heater down yet or do you just leave the windows open. :wow:

zap

zap this heating machine like to run in nuclear mode even with the air control all the way shut. My wood is so dry I have a hard time controlling the heat output. It was cursing yesterday at 750 with 4 pieces of oak and the air control shut all the way. Temperatures of 80-90 degrees are an everyday thing in this house it the winter and we have gotten so used to it that when is gets that hot we don't even bother to open windows. To lazy to build a fire tonight and it is 70 degrees in here and i am freezing. One good thing about it is when the house it that hot i know the stove is running good and that has led to a spotlessly clean chimney.

lopiliberty said:
zap this heating machine like to run in nuclear mode even with the air control all the way shut. My wood is so dry I have a hard time controlling the heat output. It was cursing yesterday at 750 with 4 pieces of oak and the air control shut all the way. Temperatures of 80-90 degrees are an everyday thing in this house it the winter and we have gotten so used to it that when is gets that hot we don't even bother to open windows. To lazy to build a fire tonight and it is 70 degrees in here and i am freezing. One good thing about it is when the house it that hot i know the stove is running good and that has led to a spotlessly clean chimney.

We have ours in the basement, still heats the whole house. We have some nice sugar maple that is four years old, last year when it was -20 out I loaded it up, it hovered for about ten minutes before it took off! :grrr:

zp

Man Zap! That is one filthy cap - I hope you start burning decent wood soon! :cheese: Cheers!

NH_Wood said:
Man Zap! That is one filthy cap - I hope you start burning decent wood soon! :cheese: Cheers!

Looks like it will get it's fall cleaning during Thanksgiving weekend, we clean from the bottom up. Most people up here run without a cap or rain guard.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.