U.S Stove 6041tp help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelletnewbie10

Jan 31, 2010
Central,ky
This is my first post on here but I have been reading this board for a while and I love it. I have ta U.S Stove 6041tp that I am using as primary heat. during the day we leave it on a lower heat setting and at night we turn it up a bit. the problem I am having is that for the past week it has been overflowing with pellets sometime during the night and last night we woke up to a house full of smoke. Any ideas why this is happening. My daily settings are heat range-3 room fan-5 draft fan-3 and auxillary-3. At night I increase all of these setting by 1 or 2. I would really appreciate any input. Thank you.

Welcome to the site for starters!

I don't know anything about your particular stove but on my 6500 they recommend a draft fan setting one number higher than your heat setting to start with and then adjust from there. It sounds as though you may not have enough air to burn the pellets or you may need to slow your feed rate down a bit.

How new is this stove to you?
What have you changed recently that may have caused this problem? ...think about it a little...new pellet brand maybe?
When was last good cleaning?

I imagine other more experienced people will chime in soon with some good ideas.

Thank you rubicon. I got my stove at the end of last season and only got to use it for about a month. I have been using the same brand pellets since I got it (somerset) but it does seem like this last batch has not performed as well as all the rest. Thanks for the info on the draft fan, that very well could be the prob. I was thinking it may have something to do with the air but I wasnt sure if I should give it more draft fan or open the damper a lil more. I love this stove and wont even touch our central heat. everybody should have one.

The only time i have had that problem is when i didn't have the damper out far enough the pot would fill with ash and couldn't burn all the fuel. When i run in auto at 3 or higher i pull the damper out all the way and then push it back in a inch which on mine is roughly 2 1/2" out.

I will pull the damper and give that a try. thank you. Also I just bought some AWF pellets and I am on my first bag right now. So far it seems like I am getting a bigger flame from them. Anybody have any comments on the AWF pellets. This first bag had less dust in it compared to my last bag of somerset but seemed a little lighter in color than the somersets.

I have both brands the AWFs seem to burn a little cleaner but the somersets seem to put out more heat? Also alot of times the big lazy looking flame is from not enough damper so you may kill 2 birds with one stone.

I have the same stove and the same problems, I havn't been able to get my stove to run in the # 3 heat range setting for any length of time without issues ' I'll attempt it again when I can be home for a day. I'm at work now and have it running at the #1 heat range with rhe draft pulled out 1.5" s. When I get home I 'll bump it up to the #2 setting.

Thanks to all for all your help. Have brought my heat range up to 5 with my draft fan on 6 and pulled out my damper a lil more and have been heating it up in here with no issues whatsoever. Thanks again to all who have posted their help and advice.....it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.