U.S Stove model 6039

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all. I chose to do the obvious...look at my other stove! Same 18 ga. wire...so I'm sure I'll be fine with that cord.

Yea...there's something wonky with that 14 amp spec. Same thing I was told on the phone, but I don't see it happening. There's no igniter on this unit. I'm thinking my max draw will be around 4 amps.

Wire rated for a max of 10.

This is a great board. Plenty of info. Thanks again all.............

Translation from chinese must not have went through properly.

Maybe your english is poor BOB RE read the quote.

After looking into deeper this is what I found. based on the componets now used in the 6039:
room fan 1.56 amp
draft fan .69 amp
auger .72 amp
agitator .72 amp

That would leave the board drawing around 10 amps

I agree 14 amps seems high.
Again these are max draws, Doubtful anyone runs all these componets at 100% all the time.

If you run the stove on HR1 (with no adjustment to the default settings) the draft fan is running at 46% of max output around .32 amps. I would say during normal operations the stove would not even draw near 4 amps, it would be closer to 2 amps.

If you run the stove on HR1 (with no adjustment to the default settings) the draft fan is running at 46% of max output around .32 amps. I would say during normal operations the stove would not even draw near 4 amps, it would be closer to 2 amps.
I agree. I disagree a little with your earlier comment about not all fans/augers working at the same time, but the point is that the specs from the staff are wrong.

No way this stove draws anywhere near 14 amps...let alone 10.

Right that's what I was getting at. The board would have to draw 10 amps alone to be near 14 and that is no way happening. under normal operations the stove is drawing from 2-4 amps based on the componets.

It's been all sorted out. The spec sheet in the call center is wrong (14 amps no kidding wrong) the actual is 3.6 at 100%. The newer 6041 (ignitor version) is 6.3 at 100% during ignition then drops to 3.6 at 100% during operation. Not sure how no one caught this until now, just glancing at the sheet it was 2 times more then any of the other amperage on the pellet sheet. Thanks for setting it straight all.

Maybe your english is poor BOB RE read the quote.
Sorry guy,was just trying to give logical help,you are the guy that said 3 times the stove draws 14 amps.As with a lot of chinese stuff the instructions are not always interpeted properly by the seller.

Yeah too bad the Stove was made in Alabama by union workers. I'm also the guy who dug deep and found the correct answer, and with the help of this thread insured the correct answer will be given in the future. I try not to harp on the problem and live in the solution.

Last edited:
I'll be installing the stove in the next week. I'm sure I'll be back with some questions re. operation. I'm not a fan of these auto settings. My old clunker has dials, and I love it. I'm thinking about removing the auger from the burn pot. I don't think I'll need it for pellets. I assume it's more necessary for corn?

Just want to take the time to thank you for all your help in private messages Owen. I've been able to customize the settings, and this stove is running great! I never realized I could adjust the blowers, etc, with one of these push button control boards.

I have your instructions taped to the inside of the hopper door.

Thanks again. Glad we were able to clear up the confusion w/the specs for the cord too.

Reactions: Owen1508
Sorry I didn't respond sooner but there is a neat little device called a Kill A Watt that plugs into the wall, then you plug the piece of equipment into it, turn it on, and it will give you the amp draw, the watts, kwh and more. You can get it at Harbor Freight for $20.00

Reactions: bob burke
Thanks Bob Glad that your stove is up and running. Ever need anything just let me know

Reactions: POTSTIRRER
Status
Not open for further replies.