U S Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SESZOO

Nov 30, 2013
NORTHERN NY, Almost Canada.
Son is thinking about a pellet stove for his small place .. He's interested in a U S Stove Company Mod. 4840 Wall mount pellet , Was wondering if any of you had expierience with these , Haven't found many reviews ... A Harmon or lopi or the like are a bit expensive for him now. Though he does know that quality wins out. Any recommends or not ,? Thanks

The US stove that was similar ... a window install. It was recalled a couple of years ago due to home fires. Not sure if this one shares the same problems/attributes. I would feel better about a used stove that was gone over well rather than a US wall mount. Just me though in knowing the history of their other stove.

The Castle Serenity seems to be getting lots of positives ... probably around the same value once you add in a hearth and venting.

Try messaging don2222 I'm pretty sure he has experience with those wall mount stoves

I like the US Stove. It does well and meets my needs of heating a small shop without taking up a lot of floor space.

Good points: Runs well, heats my shop adequately and efficiently, fairly easy to clean. Doesn't overheat my small shop when on low setting.
Bad points: Small firebox (which is why it has such a low output) that requires cleaning almost every day. Heat exchanger requires cleaning at the same time as the firebox (it is easy to clean though). Small hopper.
See my post from last year that Lake Girl mentioned for more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.