u stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have one but that would be nice.

I've heard of frying your azz but why boil? %-P Never seen 1,that's pretty neat.

Strange ...

My brother had one. He got rid of it because he didn't always know on Monday that he would want to hot tub on Wednesday.

I visited a friend whose neighbor had one, and we went over to see it out of curiosity. The owners said it worked very well. However, they had to get it going and keep it stoked up for some hours to really heat up the water. As in, all day. So it isn't something you just decide to use and get the water hot while you go pour a glass of wine. The owner said it could take 6 to 8 hours to get the water hot to where she liked it.

But she said she'd had it for years and it worked fine, was well-built.

By the way, the stove won't burn you. It is blocked off from the main tub in an area sectioned off by a wood wall.

interesting to say the least....had an electric hot tub on the deck long ago and far far away....is novel, thats for sure...but once that wore off, didn't use it much. took up a lot of space with the piping and return lines. looks pretty simple. certainly would be good for those outlying areas that had no electricity. you could use it as a bath tub :)

cass

Status
Not open for further replies.