Ugh, dealer does not want to sell me a CI2600 or Hampton hi400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale

Mar 8, 2016
New York
I love the look of this stove and it will fit. But, this dealer has yanked out too many of these things. He has called Regency to see what they have changed, but the dealer does not want to do it because my chimney is tall. His understanding is that these things were running away on people and that with the bigger draft from a larger chimney, we are asking for trouble. He has spoken with Regency and is aware that they upgrading the blocking plate, but he has no confidence that this stove will work for me.
There are other dealers, but does this very honest man have a point. He would rather not take the job than deal with the headaches of this insert.
It sounds like I may have to call Regency. Any thoughts on this?

There are other dealers, but does this very honest man have a point. He would rather not take the job than deal with the headaches of this insert.
It sounds like I may have to call Regency. Any thoughts on this?
yes they had some issues in the first ones but they addressed them and customers seem to be pleased with the fix so far.

How tall is the chimney? What is the alternative being suggested by the dealer?

2002_0101sept300012.JPG

That is a pic of the chimney. No specific alternate recommended. The whole deal is frustrating. It is a good looking insert, but apparently, not fully trusted yet.

Since the air restriction plate change folks seem to be quite happy with this insert. I would estimate the chimney height at around 25 ft. If so that is not extremely tall. Maybe try another Regency/Hampton dealer?

Have you read through the ci2600 thread? At first folks were having issues but after the correction from Regency they seem pleased with this insert.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...-ci2600-fireplace-insert-risky-costly.132252/

Once a company has an issue with a product like this it's hard for the hearth store to promote the product. Sure regency came up with a fix, but very likely not before the dealer had several in the field. It likely cost him lots of money in labor and time getting them repaired. I think he's doing the right thing here. I don't blame him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.