Ugly contest

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin*

Burning Hunk
Nov 29, 2011
SNOHOMISH, WA
I was stacking wood and got some ugly pieces, wondering who's got the ugliest peice.
20130827_192241_zps38269402.jpg

Yeah, some fish are ugly. :oops:

This is gonna be a great thread. :cool: I'll go out with the camera tomorrow....

Yeah, some fish are ugly. :oops:

This is gonna be a great thread. :cool: I'll go out with the camera tomorrow....

I had a bunch today that I just couldn't look directly at. :) Look halfway up the right edge. See the bulbous eye and it looks like a mouth made by a hatchet? Could actually be a cameleon...

That's pretty next to some I have

Dang...I am not near my wood right now. Man could I show you ugly!

Ugly, all I got to do is look in mirror. Now that is ugly. twisted knarly wood is just more BTU's to love.

Reactions: CMAG and Gark
I will play (when I figure out posting picture)
+1 good thread here

Also, to be honest . . . that is one of the prettier pieces of "ugly" wood that I've seen . . . I'll try to remember to take some pics of the pine I was splitting up the other day.

Reactions: ScotO
Surely I can do better than this, but Jags' will be hard to beat. I may have to find a Sweetgum out there, to even come close.
This one is actually sorta cute....

001_zps2a5cadae.jpg

And to think I burned that Pecan crotch on the smoker this summer - it'd put Jag's elm to shame(if I had more tonnage anyways)
After stalling and jamming it ~6times on the hydros I gave up and "resized" it with the saw.

And are we judging hydro uglies or hand split uglies - won't be a fair

I guess I already burned the real ugly one in the fire pit
DSCI0462.JPG

That's pretty ugly... :)

But, I heard if you burn pine? Your hair falls out? And you may go blind? LOL

Will have to take a pic tomorrow. But I have a few.. Just a few though. And I try to hide those ;lol

I guess I already burned the real ugly one in the fire pit
Yeah, these have to be uglies that we have now. If Jags has burned the Nightmare Elm, he will have to come up with something else. ==c

Reactions: HDRock
Status
Not open for further replies.