Uh-Oh....is this the beginning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh.

Bring it on. Can't wait to introduce it to my newest line of defense ::-)

Reactions: Ashful
I guess I'll have to clean my stove and
buy more than the two bags of pellets I have in stock...

I will have to get a newer battery for the Jeep as it don't like it when it gets below zero anymore.

Reactions: Countryboymo
Bring it on. Can't wait to introduce it to my newest line of defense ::-)

X2 with Dual P61a-2 stoves here this year! ::-)

Reactions: P38X2
Good lord, I hate November early winters ..

Welcome to the club. But in my case, being "retired" just means from the original job.....the P/T one is almost as much work.

The best day of my life was when I retired from the retirement job. Full time job to self employed retirement job somehow turned into 18 hours a day. <>

Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
With people talking of getting more tons in, I'm getting worried!
I have only 1 ton of pellets bought. (I have a VERY small home & it's well insulated)
My plan was to simply buy another ton later on in the winter.
Is my plan flawed? Should I be buying more fuel right now? do places actually run out as the winter progresses?

Depends on your pellet source. Around here, big boxes tend to run out long before winter is over, so you have to stock up. We don't have many stove shops in NW OH, so I don't know if they will run out or not.

If you're using your stove as the primary sources of heat, I bet you'll go through more than one ton before it's all said and done, even with a small house.

Reactions: Tedinski
Depends on your pellet source. Around here, big boxes tend to run out long before winter is over, so you have to stock up. We don't have many stove shops in NW OH, so I don't know if they will run out or not.

If you're using your stove as the primary sources of heat, I bet you'll go through more than one ton before it's all said and done, even with a small house.

Thanks much.
Perhaps I should clear out a space for a second ton. The delivery I got is on the front porch... not a lot of room for me to store pellets!
I'd hate to run out in Feb & be stuck using propane!

28F tonite... the cold front came thru about 3PM...

Might be getting some snow from out Canadian friends tonight and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.