Ultimate (pellet bag) snow fort

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rowerwet

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
have two tons worth of empty pellet bags, and snow... what to do...
What I did while I was supposed to be doing the weekly feed and clean on my pellet boiler.
sorry all you class 1 and 2 pellet pigs you're gonna have to dump out your pellets now to make this. So far 50 bags used, another ton worth of bags left and 4 tons to add as they are burned.
still trying to figure out how to make a second level as plastic and snow are very slippery, may have to wait until it freezes.

Attachments

• rsz_dscf1217.jpg
    rsz_dscf1217.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 789
  • rsz_dscf1220.jpg
    rsz_dscf1220.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 786
Very Cool !!!!

Rowerwet,

Ah . . . .

Another use for Maine Woods ( Athens) pellets . . . . . .Oh . . . . .Wait . . . . You said the bags had been emptied.

How DID you like those pellets??

Ranger

since my pellet boiler is a bio-mass burner, MWP works ok, just makes for a lot of ash when I clean it, I get a galvanized bucket full of ash every week, the HX is also full of ash, and the bottom of the chimney has about an inch also. I just wish I had gotten a better price, $253/ton delivered, isn't quite the deal it was back in may, oink oink

Very creative! looks great so far, start stacking horizontally on top.

Yes very creative. Hope to see it finished. And the snowball fight photo's. If you gotta fort, You must have a snowball fight.

Blazer's, I haven't seen them down here in quite a while. How do you like them?

got to wait for a little warmer weather, snow is cold and powdery so no snow balls, a second level may work after snow will stick, right now pellet bags and snow are too slippery.
blazers burned ok, I can't be as specific as you guys with glass and feed settings. of course they were from last year so they were past the last fresh sale date and a little stale, anyone else with left overs can drop them off here for disposal.
the maxim burns when it needs to heat the water and as long as the pellets don't jam I don't really notice any difference. I would like to get a ton of another brand and see how many bags a day I use with it, right now with MWP I can burn 4 bags a day if it is very cold, but that is also pre-heating my hot water for my tankless from 50* to 90*, and heating my bathroom with a 6' baseboard that feeds off the boiler loop, parallel to the house and hot water HX.

rowerwet said:
anyone else with left overs can drop them off here for disposal.

I offer the same free disposal service. Just don't get many takers. So I started offering a buck($1.00) a bag. Still no takers. Hay it's worth a try I say! Can't blame us for trying anyway. hehe :lol:

Now that is just too funny!! :lol:
Great pics

Status
Not open for further replies.