Ultimate wood hauler !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jharkin

Minister of Fire
Oct 21, 2009
Holliston, MA USA
I want to drive it :)

2014-07-15 11.54.11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure many of you guys can guess where this is at. We just got back from the Whites and stopped to take the kids on the steam train at Clark's. Its been years since I road a live steamer, and I think this is my first time ever riding a wood fired live steamer :)

2014-07-15 12.28.25.jpg

Think they need to season their wood better? :)

2014-07-15 12.25.54.jpg

Last edited:
And I think they almost have enough wood on hand to heat Jofuls house for a couple months ;lol

wood.jpg

(stole a google shot as I couldn't get a good angle photo of the stack as we went by it. )

Last edited:
Reactions: 7acres
And for the train lovers, we drove up the auto road (thats fun _g) and lucked out that the cog arrived at the top while we where up there!

2014-07-13 10.59.35.jpg
2014-07-13 10.27.38.jpg
2014-07-13 10.30.32.jpg

Heres a vid:

Last edited:
Reactions: 7acres
Surprisingly it wasn't so bad when we ere there, 50F at the top and the winds only about 25-40mph. Totally fogged in by cloud though.

Oh and I forgot to add one for the green room. The new biodiesel cog came up right after the steamer:

2014-07-13 10.30.23.jpg

For sure the steamer is pre-EPA. That is a real smoker.

Auto road, fun, ha! ;lol
I've seen drivers locked right up with fear refusing to drive any further.
Done it three times on the bike, made it to th re top twice, they turned us around due to weather.
Narrow, washed out shoulders, BIG drops...

Status
Not open for further replies.