Ultr Premium White Pine by AWF

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
8.95 a bag, damn, that's nuts. You have a tractor supply out that way? Big Heats aren't too bad, more ashy than my Platinums but they were $254 a ton.

$25 delivery fee is awesome! Is that flat rate or /ton? I was fortunate to get mine waved based off a botched prior delivery but in MA stores charge flat 65-75 for delivery and some charging by the /ton ends up totaling more

It's the flat rate for the warehouse in my town, if i have it come from the factory its $55.

I bought 3 bags of these yesterday at the Ellington, CT Agway. My stove is being installed tomorrow, so I'm excited to give them a try. I also have a couple of bags of Green Supremes and 3 bags of Lignetics. But at $8.95 a bag, they are a little pricey. Been having a hard time finding anything decent at a price below $300 a ton here in CT.
Enfield home depot is where I bought 2 tons few weeks ago

I'm having different results than most of you. I bought a ton last Saturday and been burning them ever since(3 days).
Comparing them to lacretes.

Very small pellets, around 3/8", but they burn slower even though I did not adjust my settings, odd.
Very, very ashy. I get tons of red embers that fly every where and then settle in the ash pan while they stay red for a couple minutes. Filled my ash pan completely in three days, very dark ash.
Less heat than lacretes by a good amount.

I've burned quite a few brands of pellets, these are by far, really far, the ashiest pellets so far. That includes North American wood pellets.

I plan on playing around with the settings a bit before the real cold sets in. Does anybody have any pointers for me? Stove is a quad cb1200.

Reactions: LordmetalZ28
Any change Rick? I burned a bag so far and they were by far, very very very far, the least ash I've seen. They have maybe 10% of the ash that the bag of North American's I ran one day.

Any change Rick? I burned a bag so far and they were by far, very very very far, the least ash I've seen. They have maybe 10% of the ash that the bag of North American's I ran one day.

I just ran 3 bags of these through my Harman, and I absolutely loved these! They burned really hot, very little ash, and the nice pine smell is an added bonus. Unfortunately the only place I've found them locally is Ellington Agway for $349 a ton...

For me they burned very clean, had a nice bluish flame, plenty of heat and pellet consumption was less than other brands. Best pellet I have used so far this season.

I'm still playing around with my settings, I don't have my stove dialed in right for these pellets I guess.
With the feed on medium I get a lot of ash and less heat than the lacretes, but I burn 1-1/2 bags a day compared to 2 bags a day with lacretes.
With the feed on high I get the same amount of heat as the lacretes on medium and burn 2 bags a day.
I think it may be due to how small the pellets are and the way the pellets fall into the burn pot. I get a couple pellets bouncing out of the pot every once in awhile. It may be also bouncing out some embers that give me the extra ash, I'm not sure.
I think you bottom feeders(lol) won't have any problem with them. It may just be my stove.

Stopped at HD to grab some more of these and all they had left were about 15 or so bags on a pallet. Every bag had water damage!! Too Bad what a waste!!

Finally brought in and stacked the 2nd ton, been burning them and find they seem to be more ash than the 1st ton which is stored in the garage, have been burning Chow's as a shoulder

Picked up 5 bags of these at the local HD to give them a try. Pretty impressed darn hot, little ash I think a ton of these would look good in my garage.

HD in greenfield

Status
Not open for further replies.