Ultra Grate and Old Burn Pot (Whitfield)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Flints

Oct 31, 2008
Northern Maine
Hi,

This may be a dumb question, but I've got to ask.

When you install an Ultra Grate, could you install one with the correct size so that it will fit into your old burn pot, the one with the tube extending into the exhaust hole? I keep thinking that the Ultra Grate needs to sit in a burn pot with that tube to work more effeciently. Also that base plate is not installed at all.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Two Flints

I would think that many of us have no idea what an Ultr-Grate is... got any pix? Is this a "fix" or update for a Whitfield stove?

My ultra grate just sits in the box with no pipes going into the air feed hole, bought my stove in oct 1999 so the ultra grate was already out by then.
Does your whitfield have older style turn knob controls or push button with led lights?

Hi,

Purchased my Whitfield in May of 1992. I have the old burn grate and burn pot with the extended pipe.Thought perhaps the Ultra grate would fit into the original burn pot so I could keep the use of the burn pot tube/pipe that seems to help my stove work so much better!

pictures i've seen of the old style the burn pot appears wider like a inch or so...so how can it fit?

Like I wrote in my original post, it was a dumb question, but if there are different sized Ultra Grates maybe one might fit in the old burn pot. Just wondering.

Thanks for your interest.

Two Flints

Status
Not open for further replies.