Umm WOW Hammer Hot Ones!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baston8005

Oct 17, 2007
East of Hartford, CT
Bought a ton of Hammer Hot ones today. Took 1/2 home in the minivan and will pick up the other 1/2 tomorrow. I was burning LG's and on the medium setting with lowest fuel rate(rod pushed all the way down) I took a temp reading out of the blower tubes with a candy thermometer and came out with 140F.
Loaded a bag of Hammer Hot ones and took a reading after 30 minutes ...158F. Almost 20F hotter. Nice!!!!

Just checked again and the temp out of tubes was now 175F

Plus i bet your getting less ash and soot on the glass with the Hammer Hots......

I've been using them for the past 5 years in my stove......best pellet to burn in my stove by far!

Hammers are very good pellets. Wasn't sure they were going to make this season due to the fire they had. Several dealers are still not able to get them. Some just started to carry again. Still just a bit pricey at $295/ton though.

i always wanted to try them but for 30.00 to 40.00 more a ton it is hard to buy

Didn't have good luck with the Hammers last year, full of fines and not much heat. Of course that being said most pellets last year were junk. Good to see the quality is back!

Primo Pellets in Wallingford, CT have them for $279/ton..

Burned the Hot Ones the first year I had my stove. Although the Penningtons seem to be working fine, the Hot Ones were a superior pellet. Never had a problem and they did burn hotter and cleaner.

I am running LG Granules this year and I burned Hamer's Hot Ones last year. Although I never recorded any temperatures for either pellet I feel that they both put out similar heat.

I prefer the LG pellets because even if I forget to pull the pot cleaning lever for a couple days while running the LG pellets I am still able to work the lever easily. With the Hamers I was getting a buildup in the pot so if I didn't pull the cleaning lever religiously it would sieze up requiring a complete cool-down and a cursing session while chiseling away the buildup enough to get the cleaning lever working again.

I definitely feel that the Hamers are a great product with consistent pellet sizes, very little fines, consistently good packaging, etc and would burn them again for the right price but soft wood pellets overall seem like a better product for me.

Pretty sure mine were Elkins...

I just got 4 bags to try in my stove.....very very impressed with them. Heck of alot less fly ash, and glass stays virtually clear for 4-5 days. I even got a full 21-22hrs out of one bag. I really like these pellets. Best i have burnt so far. Price around here is 285/ton.
I have noticed a fair amount of fines in my 4 bags. Buddy of mine in Conn. said his couple tons have a fair amount of fines this year to. Other then that these pellets rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.