Un Official Donor program update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

First of all credit is due to the following member who made it happen

Wrenchmonster who started the ball rolling

Roospike what can I say is helping in so many ways everyday here

Harley instrumental bringing it all together

Hardwood715 keept the ball rolling thanks Hope yoiu are staying warm

GVA was there for us when we installed fellow member turnerthe burner liner and stove and I know I can count on to help with this install

Bruce566 who helped me in the past with my pk truck vacuum problem and helped many others here

BeGreen completed the deal My promise is your help will eliminate a polluting beast to the scrap yard and our planet will become a tiny bit greener

I have a donor in mind but still need some more communications. The issue is, does this century stove replace the BTUs of his 70's Ashley.

Another issue is scheduling the publicity or news coverage coordination it all to come together. IT can be done with minimal coverage but to attract
more participation it needs decent exposure. Naturally it will be covered here .I will post a picture of the stove either later today or tomorrow

And the majority of the credit goes to Elk, for doing all of the legwork!!!!!

Harley said:
And the majority of the credit goes to Elk, for doing all of the legwork!!!!!

Took the words right out of my mouth Harley. Elk deserves the lions share of the credit. I'm honored to have a small part. I'd also like to recognize Corie for the fine work he is doing. Keep up the good work guys.

Please do post on the progress of the unofficial donor program. I look forward to a full write up, picutures, and maybe video?

Elk, wish I was closer to lend you a hand on the install. Maybe you can call Bob Vila over to help. ;)

-Kevin

Elks the man. He take a beat-n and keeps on tick-n. A do all do'er.
I have full confidence in Elk quarterbacking this play and as to any other future projects.

What a nice added bonus I opened the ash door to find the blower option
here is the picture

Attachments

• century.jpg
    century.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 379
Here is the picture of the wood stove it will be replacing if it is enough BTUs

Attachments

• woodstove.jpg
    woodstove.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 358
This is very commendable gentlemen. All of you that are helping in any way are going above and beyond what the majority of us are willing to do for our neighbors. It's inspiring.

Indeed. I helped out with an installation locally for a gal that was chronically ill. We replaced a scary Scandia with a donated Resolute Acclaim. It got her through many winters. That's a good feeling and proves that wood heats more than once.

When do you think the final decision will be made, and estimated installation date? I'm assuming or hoping it would be a weekend, and could possibly give a hand if needed..... also, without getting too specific, Elk.... what's the town or general area... only guessing its Eastern MA

Well the owner of that ancient 70's wood stove called and he and his wife researched the Century 2700 and want to go a head with the swap. I have to work out my weekends
to see when it can be done. This home is In Norfolk MA.I will follow up post and get a few members involved. If things go as planned 3 hours the max give of take a beer or two.

I will try to post the time a week or two in advance. Possibly a little toast at Tom's Tavern afterwards. I will be looking to this to be followed up with a video for the forum to view
Don in CT or Rosterboy you up to the task?

This might be a dumb question, but... what is this donor program that you speak of?

-SF

Keep me on the list of folks that want to help as well... It will depend on the day / weekend if I'm available or not, but if I am, it's certainly close enough. I can also supply some hand / power tools depending on what's needed. We also have a mini-van so if need be we can offer transport help for people or materials (from Lowell, MA area) if needed.

Gooserider

SlyFerret said:
This might be a dumb question, but... what is this donor program that you speak of?

-SF

Hi, SF...

Not a dumb question, as it is actually a little confusing. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm out of line.... There's kind of 2 going on at the same time, and LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

neither of them have any official ties or relationship to this website or its owner (and neither do I for that matter).

The stove being discussed here was purchased by several members due to the fact that there was a very good sale on this particular model. We'll call this Elk's program, headed up by (screenname ELKIMMEG). His goal is to obtain newer, more efficient EPA stoves, and donate/swap out these stoves where the owner is using a less efficient, pre-EPA "smoke belching dragon", and would probably not otherwise replace the stove.

The other program, the Corie program, headed up by (screenname Corie) has been accepting donations of used stoves, stove parts and cash to install wood stoves in homes of needy families. By the way.... Corie is the engineering student who is planning on working in the hearth indusstry upon graduation. You will see a seperate thread here where the members are trying to raise money to send him to a trade show in Reno this year (Hint, Hint)

Hope that clears things up a little.... if you'd like to help out in any of these programs, just let anyone know... you'll definately get pointed in the right direction.

Side note.... Elk.... let us know what weekend..... not too far of a drive, and will definately make it if I can.... especially if there's beer involved.. :smirk:

I see!! That sounds great!

Being so new, I don't know if there is much I could help with, but I'd do anything I can.

I'm in the Central Ohio area, as my reg. shows. I'd be willing to drive a couple hours on a weekend to help out with an install and try and learn something at the same time.

-SF

elkimmeg said:
Well the owner of that ancient 70's wood stove called and he and his wife researched the Century 2700 and want to go a head with the swap. I have to work out my weekends
to see when it can be done. This home is In Norfolk MA.I will follow up post and get a few members involved. If things go as planned 3 hours the max give of take a beer or two.

I will try to post the time a week or two in advance. Possibly a little toast at Tom's Tavern afterwards. I will be looking to this to be followed up with a video for the forum to view
Don in CT or Rosterboy you up to the task?
Elk let me know when, you know I'll take the roof if ya want....
I hope it's not when I'm on vacation in 2 weeks (first one in 3 years).

Status
Not open for further replies.