underground pipe location for eko

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amh

Nov 22, 2014
pa
I'm planning on pouring a concrete pad for an outbuilding to house an eko 25.
I've done a few owb, but those are just brought up in the back of the owb.
With the drain, mixing valves, pressure release, air lock thing etc. where should I bring my
pipe through the concrete slab in relation to the boiler.

any suggestions will be appreciated!

I have the pump on the return on mine and have 36" of clearance to the back wall. I would aim between 24-36" depending on your pump location from the back of the unit.

I was thinking of putting stove 2 ft from the back. the manual says 3, but it seemed like a lot of wasted space.
does the boiler get hot enough where I cant put it 2 ft from the wall?

Bring the underground up about 4-6" off the wall, a little off to one side or the other of the boiler. Think about how you want your indoor boiler piping to layout and place it accordingly. I'd go with the 3' clearance because you will have the piping and flue behind the boiler. You want room for servicing stuff and room to work.

I second heaterman's comments - I just relocated my EKO 25 and replumbed and you definitely need the extra space back there. Also, run piping so that you can access the HX tubes in the back of the 25 from above. This makes it easier to remove turbulators and clean HX tubes when supply piping is not in the way. Ask me how I know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.