Understanding Enviro M55 Controls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NC Burner

Dec 29, 2010
Sandhills of NC
Can someone confirm that I understand the controls, and/or correct where I am wrong. Currently working all on manual.

As I understand it:

a. There are basically only 3 things to adjust: Convection Fan, Combustion Fan, and Pellet Feed (assuming the slider/damper setting is good).

and then is it

b. Changing the Heat Level setting 1-5 changes all three of these (at the same proportion), given that the combustion and pellet feeds can be float as a plus up or minus down if you adjust them accordingly. (And the only way to change the convection fan rate is with the heat level setting.)

or is it

c. Changing the Heat Level setting 1-5 only adjusts the convection fan rate, and the combustion and pellet feed is set independently with their controls.

NC,
Your answer "B" is the correct one. The only way to increase the convection fan is to increase the heat setting. Increasing the heat setting proportionately increases the pellet feed rate and combustion fan. One thing some of us have been doing to get more convection fan output is to go one level higher than we otherwise would have the stove set at, then lower the feed rate down to 1. It still burns more pellets than the lower setting. But, I personally think it is more efficient since it is pushing more heated air into the room with the lowest amount of pellet feed for that particular heat setting.
Flynfrfun

10-4 thank you. I was thinking this was the situation. The manual could be a little clearer for new owners.

Cool machine, just makes my brain hurt a little!

NC Burner, Once you get a good feel for these controllers. You will be able to adjust the dickens out of even a bad pellet. They seem a bit overwhelming at first. But you will get comfy with them pretty quickly.

If you need any tips, Give us a shout out!

Status
Not open for further replies.