Understanding the relationship between distribution blower setting and stove temp dial setting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proulx06

Oct 2, 2013
Southern NH
New Accentra Insert owner. Going on a month of ownership, maybe the best purchase I've ever made. Older split-level, always spend thousands per year on oil only to struggle to keep the house at 68. Furnace routinely ran 18 hours per day.

Anyways, I've found that I like Stove Temp mode as it limits the on-off-on of the stove and I can estimate when to fill easier. That said, when we're all home and it's cold out, I always go back and forth between cranking up the stove temp dial to 3-4 and keeping the distribution blower on a lower (and quieter) setting, or keeping the stove temp dial to 1-2 and cranking up the blower. Not sure which works best.

Do I have this right below?

-A higher stove temp mode (3-5) will mean more pellets, and a larger/hotter flame. Lower (1-2 on the dial) will be a smaller flame and a less-hot fire.

-That said, it can be possible to warm the room just as well with a stove temp setting of 1-2 and a higher distribution blower, versus a stove temp of 3-5 but the lowest blower setting.

Is that last part true? I honestly haven't had time to test it out...but curious what others due. Aside from noise...wouldn't it be more economical to crank the blower with a setting of 1-2?

Thanks all!

I'm not sure I can't say that I have run on stove temp much from what I have gathered I think stove temp is more for a nice fire and not a lot of heat blowing? I could be wrong that's just what I gathered from what I've heard. I usually run on room temp manual mode I get up to temp quick then stove goes into maintenance mode till it calls for more heat. for my case way better then when I ran on auto mode I use less pellets an more heat it seems.

New Accentra Insert owner. Going on a month of ownership, maybe the best purchase I've ever made. Older split-level, always spend thousands per year on oil only to struggle to keep the house at 68. Furnace routinely ran 18 hours per day.

Anyways, I've found that I like Stove Temp mode as it limits the on-off-on of the stove and I can estimate when to fill easier. That said, when we're all home and it's cold out, I always go back and forth between cranking up the stove temp dial to 3-4 and keeping the distribution blower on a lower (and quieter) setting, or keeping the stove temp dial to 1-2 and cranking up the blower. Not sure which works best.

Do I have this right below?

-A higher stove temp mode (3-5) will mean more pellets, and a larger/hotter flame. Lower (1-2 on the dial) will be a smaller flame and a less-hot fire.

-That said, it can be possible to warm the room just as well with a stove temp setting of 1-2 and a higher distribution blower, versus a stove temp of 3-5 but the lowest blower setting.

Is that last part true? I honestly haven't had time to test it out...but curious what others due. Aside from noise...wouldn't it be more economical to crank the blower with a setting of 1-2?

Thanks all!
If you set it on room temp and pick the temperature you are trying to attain then switch the toggle switch to manual, the fan will turn on and off on its own. You'll maintain a constant temp and you wont be running back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.