Unexpected side effect of burning wood--->too many guests

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Krabappel

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2010
Blue Ridge Mountains NC
On oil heat I always kept the house c-c-c-cold in winter. Benefit? People either kept visits short and sweet or invited me over to their house.

This year? I'm just rounding out my winter break and I've had almost non-stop guests. Once one leaves, another arrives. They eat a lot and expect clean sheets. Right now I should be getting ready instead of putzing around on the interweb, as friends are heading this way. "Let's come over your house because it's warmer." So much for that vacation to-do list :p

Make sure you have them assist you in cleaning the barn.

Yes, it is sort of like having a cottage on a nice lake. Many forgotten friends and relatives seem to be drawn like steel to a magnet.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
On oil heat I always kept the house c-c-c-cold in winter. Benefit? People either kept visits short and sweet or invited me over to their house.
This year? I'm just rounding out my winter break and I've had almost non-stop guests. Once one leaves, another arrives. They eat a lot and expect clean sheets. Right now I should be getting ready instead of putzing around on the interweb, as friends are heading this way. "Let's come over your house because it's warmer." So much for that vacation to-do list :p

now thats funny :lol:

You should enlist their service to help build your wood pile inside or, have an afternoon of frolick in the woods with your chain saw and your 4 x 4 getting out some new wood. Its a small price for them to pay. :)

cass

For us it's not so much that we have too many, it's more that they fall asleep after withdrawing to the hearth room.

I've often said that true friendship can be measured by the length of silence that causes no discomfort. Problem is when that silence is broken by snoring!

LLigetfa said:
For us it's not so much that we have too many, it's more that they fall asleep after withdrawing to the hearth room.

I suffer from the same problem....my recliner is in front of my little Jotul and after it has been going awhile i have a tendancy to sit in my recliner and nod off for an hour or two. Can't help it....kind of eating turkey and falling asleep on thanksgiving.

cass

My parents didn't last longer than 10 minutes in any of the stove rooms without passing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.