Unfinished Oak Floors -Updated With Pics 3/25/12 Finished

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Hey all, after a long and hard week I am finally done today with the Unfinished Oak. I gave 3 coats of stain and 3 of Polyeurethane, some sanding in between. Please see for yourselves and critique and or give advice. Be gentle Im still new at all of this.

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 162
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 179
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 178
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 189
Good job,I really like the looks of wood floors.

Thanks Davmor, it was real hard work putting those babies in.

I have a Swifer steam mop that works pretty well for cleaning For sweeping I have floor vacuum.

Looks like a nice job. We have wood floors in our home. They are easy to keep clean.

Nice job, did this in our first house, they were getting ready to tear down a house for more boat storage and under the carpet was beautiful oak flooring in which I bought from the wrecking crew. Not only did I have to tear it out (thank god they used box nails) and haul it back to my house, but had to install it. If I remember it cost me $150 (and a lot of sweat) for about 7-800 sq.ft. Nothing like hardwood floors, it was a plus when we sold the house.

A little too dark for my liking but the job looks great.

@highbeam yes I agree about the darkness but that's what she wanted in fact she wanted them charcoal. What are you gonna do its the NYC in her

Was that poly a high gloss? After three coats I wouldn't expect to see so much grain in the reflection.

Yes high gloss. If I had to do it all over again Id get the prefinished, it was a lot of work and the color, though she loves it, I am not too crazy about. As long as she likes it. Its ok it will grow on me.

Yes high gloss. If I had to do it all over again Id get the prefinished, it was a lot of work and the color, though she loves it, I am not too crazy about. As long as she likes it. Its ok it will grow on me.
Very important: as long as she likes it;)

Was that poly a high gloss? After three coats I wouldn't expet to siee so much grain in the reflection.

I neglected to screen before my last coat of poly and my grain shows like that. I won't make that mistake again.

Status
Not open for further replies.