Unfortunatly, new companies are preying on new buyers . . .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

Yet another line of BS from another company. Anyone read anything about how complete the combustion is? Or how the combustion chamber is designed? Or the smoke path?

But theirs is the best, just ask them :sick:

Man, he's piqued my curiosity...

Chris

$60,000 savings in fuel just during the warranty period...

I wanna see the math on this one!

It doesn't make any claims on efficiency, and the warranty requires an annual water analysis and correction. Anybody ever do this??

Chris

Redox said:
$60,000 savings in fuel just during the warranty period...

I wanna see the math on this one!

Chris

the equation is solvable by something known as Barnum's Theorem ( as in P.T. ),... unfortunately....

Those install diagrams are copied directly from Central Boiler's marketing literature.

I have a Natures Comfort 250 installed..... it is working very well. The company was very professional and delivered in less than 2 weeks..... from the factory.
It pumps the heat and gives me 160 degree water 180 feet away from my house.....
I have never had a wod boiler before and I lurked arond here for 3 months humming and hawing about what to buy.

I would have bought a gasifier originally, but most of the manufacturers were too busy or too stupid to provide good customer service. (I could write a book.)
Natures Comfort has 6 factories (qualified welding fab shops) making the boilers to their specs. Most of all, they delivered what they promised.
As a business person....I respect that.

From their webpage:

"20 Year Limited Warranty . 5 Year On-Site Warranty
. 45 Year Warranty on Siding Material ."

So... $3000.00 a year saved?

That is an optimistic stretch.

I don't sell this product... I know nothing about the company or their boilers... but I do have several customers that were on balanced billing of over $350.00 per month for fuel oil... 12 months out of the year. They are now cutting their own wood for "free." Most people do not consider their time or equipment costs in cutting firewood, nor do they consider the value of the wood they are cutting... if that's the case, then $3000 per year saved is not that much of a stretch.

That's how some people look at it. For sure, not everyone spends $350/month though.

cheers

That is exactly it, as many people do not see the real fuel cost in time, dollars and environmental impact. This marketing tag line about saving $60,000 is misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.