Union Tools Shovels

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPED

Dec 31, 2007
Not sure if this belonged here or in the gear forum or somewhere else... anyway please move if I guessed wrong.

So I just wanted to share a story on a shovel. The year after I bought my house, which would be about 6 yrs ago I bought some shovels/rakes/etc. Back then home cheapo was carrying razorback stuff by union tools. I bought those, including a flat shovel with a fiberglass handle. Last summer the handle snapped on me. I knew it was lifetime warranty, but when i went to home depot for something else I noticed they don't carry the union shovels anymore. Hmmm so I sit around and do nothing for a while cuz I was done with shovel related tasks for the year.

So last week I see the pieces of shovel while out splitting wood and decide to do something about it. I call union tool, explain what happened and that depot doesn't carry them. The woman politely asks me about 5 questions about my shovel to determine the model and then says ok please give me your address and I'll ship one out to you. Today I receive at no cost to me an identical shovel to the one I broke.

I just wanted to share this as I'm the kind of person that if a company does me wrong I will never frequent them again. But if a company does me right I will repay in kind. I honestly will go out of my way at this point to buy tools made by them, made in the usa and really stood behind their warranty.

That is awesome. Tell the whole world. I guess you just kinda did, didn't you.

I had the same experience with the Fiskars Rake. I actually snapped an existing crack chasing a possum away from clawing in my house. I procrastinated when I could not find a replacement rake head as the aluminum handle is mint. When I called the company, they sent a new head without hesitation. And what great rakes they are...

Status
Not open for further replies.