United states stove 5660 won't stay lit.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Boone

Jan 27, 2014
Wolcott, NY
I have cleaned and checked everything I can think of for this stove. It seems to start fine but after 15/20 minutes the fire goes out. The auger is turning but only a few pellets come out on each cycle. The fire seems starved for pellets and then goes out, When it goes out all the blowers quit and some smoke comes in the house. Can the auger be partially blocked and still feed a few pellets when it turns?

Yes to the auger having an obstruction. Time to get all the pellets out and pull the auger to check:(

I found that the auger was partially blocked by a few extra long pellets. It would let a few pellets thru but not enough to keep the fire burning. I removed the auger and cleaned everything and now it's running fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.