United states stove company 6039 multi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bills6039

Feb 26, 2015
Pennsylvania
Bought this for 350.00 (2007 Model) everything original except Agitator motor was shot so replaced that and gasket on combustion , we have about 1500sq ft in our place 2 level and insulated very well and I have to run this on at least Hr 5 just to keep it around 70 in here, which makes no sense at all, today went to lite it and every time I lite it within 5 min or so it would go out, (lighting it with pellets ) seemed like the combustion fan may not have been working , so I tried for almost 4 hours to get it to stay lite , tried less air with manual draft and more air , tried diff settings with draft fan and would still go out, almost like it was not getting enough air , AND I HAD JUST CLEANED IT GOOD. Finally I cranked Hr setting to 9 and lite it, and off it went, combustion fan made a high freq pitched sound for good hour or so and has quite and stove been running ever since , I have turned it down to Hr 5 and seems be working there with the manual dampner out about 1 3/4 " or more, but burning corn and it is caking up on the beater bar . Too much air with manual draft? You guys think the combustion blower is about shot , being I have to run it on such a high heat setting and the motor was making a noise ?

Status
Not open for further replies.