1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

United States Stove Company... Any good??

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by gunner-1, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunner-1

gunner-1 Member

Loc:
    New York
    I'm currently looking to update my 5 year old Englander pellet stove with a newer, quieter model. Does anyone have any experience with the United States Stove Company's pellet stoves? Pluses/negatives?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jawquin

jawquin Member

Loc:
    Quincy, IN
    I used and still have a US Stove I bought in 2005. It was an early model 6039. It had some issues but the company made several changes. They were great about sending a part out for warranty or FCO. I am a DIY'er. I liked their phone support. I would look carefully again before purchasing one. I have read alot of good about the Englander. I'm not sure how much quieter you are looking for. I'm not sure the US Stove is the fix. Again take time to research and look at stoves running. If you want quiet then a stove with DC motors may help that. A couple that come to mind from reading is Dell Point and Mt Vernon AE. I run a Bixby now and that is superior compared to the US Stove.
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Us Stove and Englander are probably about the same grade...both usually DIY and hardware store items. If you are truly looking to upgrade, do a lot of research and get something a couple bumps up. Englander has a brand new model....which obviously has some improvements over the existing models....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.