unknown fisher wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyJames

Aug 12, 2013
Neosho Missouri
I know its a grandpa series.... Its the tubes and blower that have me confused. Anyone else seen one like this? Any ideas? Thanks in advance from the new guy. IMAG0902.jpg IMAG0903.jpg IMAG0904.jpg IMAG0905.jpg IMAG0906.jpg IMAG0907.jpg

I looked over the everything fisher thread and several others and cannot find one like this yet. I would love to know more about this stove. I will be heating 1800square foot. Should I down size my stove? I know its rated for 2250 square feet. My home is 2x6 wall construction and blown cellulose insulation. It was built in 2006. I am afraid this beast is going to run me out of my home. Any advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Someone had All-Nighter envy.

Looks like a boiler guy like me took the welder to it.
It would be great in a 1800 sf home. In Alaska.

Those tubes are going to get really hot. Lots of surface area at the hotest part of the firebox.
That's the basis behind a water tube boiler that has a water jacket all around the firebox with tubes like that above the fire to take advatage of the tubes surface area. The heat that rises to the top of that stove has to be pulled downwards to go up the stack. That's the reason for the flue outlet to extend down into the stove. The upper tubes get to heat soak and cause the flow to be interupted as well, preventing the flow directly up the stack. Fisher's main goal was to keep things simple with as few parts as possible. So even an idea that would work well like this wouldn't make it to production for fear of the thinner walled tubes rusting through and not lasting the customers lifetime or more. Most improvements have draw backs, but other than longevity of tubes, This is a well thought out improvement.
Perhaps an air exchanger design like this with black iron pipe with a threaded ring to make them easily replaceable would have caught Bob's fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.