1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Unlimited Free Wood! Holy Cow!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by rudysmallfry, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudysmallfry

rudysmallfry Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Milford, CT
    I had a tree service guy over to give me an estimate for cutting down a huge Poplar tree that was blown over in a recent wind storm. I mentioned that I wish it were an Oak tree since I plan on burning it. He then tells me that they often have to pay to dispose of trees that they cut down and would bring by whatever I'd like free of charge. I gave him a list of Oaks and other species I prefer, and showed him where to leave the trees. Now on any given day, I might come home to free firewood already cut down to 16" sections. All I have to do is split it. How cool is that? It never occurred to me to check with tree service companies. Not all of them are in the firewood business. Saves me a few hundred a year easy. Swweeeet.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pgmr

pgmr Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Indiana
    Of course getting them to STOP delivering might become a problem! :)
  3. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Boy, that is sweet. All the tree services around here charge for firewood.
  4. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Rudy that popular can also be burnt, cut split and dry. Any how my 16 ton electric splitter would come in handy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.