Unlimited Free Wood! Holy Cow!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rudysmallfry

Minister of Fire
Nov 29, 2005
Milford, CT
I had a tree service guy over to give me an estimate for cutting down a huge Poplar tree that was blown over in a recent wind storm. I mentioned that I wish it were an Oak tree since I plan on burning it. He then tells me that they often have to pay to dispose of trees that they cut down and would bring by whatever I'd like free of charge. I gave him a list of Oaks and other species I prefer, and showed him where to leave the trees. Now on any given day, I might come home to free firewood already cut down to 16" sections. All I have to do is split it. How cool is that? It never occurred to me to check with tree service companies. Not all of them are in the firewood business. Saves me a few hundred a year easy. Swweeeet.

Boy, that is sweet. All the tree services around here charge for firewood.

Rudy that popular can also be burnt, cut split and dry. Any how my 16 ton electric splitter would come in handy

Status
Not open for further replies.