Unwanted Christmas Gift

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooden Head

Burning Hunk
Sep 14, 2009
West Michigan
We have been without power. Hooked up my generator and started my Castile in the livingroom. Went to the basement to fire-up the Sanata Fe for the first time this year. Plugged it in and notice the exaust fan didn't start. Unplugged and reached in to turn the motor by hand. At first it was difficult to move and then seemed to break loose. It still would make a clicking sound when rotated. Decided to plug in and see if it would run. It ran slowly, but would not come up to speed. Unplugged and went to the garage for tools. Luckily my son who is a metal worker/Mechanic was here to help. Between the two of us we disassembled the back and pulled the motor. When it was first pulled my son said it looked like leaves stuck to the blades. I pulled the motor all the way out and got a good look. What at first glance looked like leaves was instead an old dried-up dead bird. We gave it a proper burial and cleaned the motor and tested. The motor ran up to speed. Thank you Santa!

Now if only the power comes back before the relatives arrive.

Reactions: Wessty and sparklow
Santa gave you the bird! >>

If it wasn't Christmas, some of us would be piling on you for not making sure everything was operational long before DECEMBER 25th!! Just sayin'. Happy Holidays and I hope you power is restored soon.

Reactions: fmsm
I know why you got the bird, you been calling the stove by the wrong name, it's Santa not Sanata:)

Glad you checked before running. Hope the gasket stayed in good shape for you too. kap

I know why you got the bird, you been calling the stove by the wrong name, it's Santa not Sanata:)
You've been calling it wrong too Bio. It's Sante. LOL Merry Christmas

Not according to the manual.
May Santa leave a clinker in your stocking.
Merry Christmas and thanks for your help on those sometimes cranky pot stoves

Reactions: kappel15
Same thing happened to me when I first got my stove. Didn't happen to be a starling did it? I was there when it dive bombed my pipe full speed.

Not according to the manual.
May Santa leave a clinker in your stocking.
Merry Christmas and thanks for your help on those sometimes cranky pot stoves
I'll be danged if you ain't right. LOL Must of had a brain fart. Merry Christmas to you too, and he already has. lol kap

You've been calling it wrong too Bio. It's Sante. LOL Merry Christmas

Santé` Fe is Latin, no? Santa Fe, Spanish, means "saint" feminine , and I think 'Fe' in both Spanish and Latin means "faith.". The pellet stove is with an 'a.' Class dismissed.

So in the context of the pellet stove world, "little faithfull". About right.

Status
Not open for further replies.