Unwarping wood.............

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodMann

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2008
New Mexico
... or a board more precisely. I'm putting together a work table/ horse with 2x12 for the top surface. I made the bottom attach brackets and well, the top has a high spot in the middle. I wonder, being all rainy this week if bolting the top to the attach brackets and successively tighten them to straighten out the 2x12, or even just eaving it out in the rain, or maybe even parking on it. Can the board be unwarped?
Thanks...................

I generally find it's best to let the wood do what it wants and then plane it straight.

Hmmm- I'll try that, thanks..................

Maybe you can switch to a quartersawn 2x12 so there is a better chance of the board staying the way you want it.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.