Up date on my Vent pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excell

Feeling the Heat
Oct 1, 2009
Winnipeg
After three weeks my order from Ventingpipe.com arrived .It was short the stove pipe ,not quite sure how that is supposed to work so I bought pipe locally .I paid twice as much but they figured out how to replace a 60'' pipe with a 36"and a 24" in about two seconds .They didn't have to call the factory and discuss it for a week .
So I emailed Ventingpipe .com and asked for a refund .They are now ignoring me . What ever you do don't order from them . They are bad news .

Excell said:
After three weeks my order from Ventingpipe.com arrived .It was short the stove pipe ,not quite sure how that is supposed to work so I bought pipe locally .I paid twice as much but they figured out how to replace a 60'' pipe with a 36"and a 24" in about two seconds .They didn't have to call the factory and discuss it for a week .
So I emailed Ventingpipe .com and asked for a refund .They are now ignoring me . What ever you do don't order from them . They are bad news .

they may well be ignoring you, but dont' forget, if you emailed them last night, it is the weekend and they may not see the email until Monday morning...just a thought.

A word to the wide on ordering vent piping....deal with companies that have a good reputation:

www.kinsmanstoves.com

www.dynamitebuys.com

I have dealt with both, and both have been extremely helpful.....I recommend both highly! Prices are pretty comparable, but I will give the nod to Eric at Kinsman.

Make a claim on you credit card and you'll get your money back.

krooser said:
Make a claim on you credit card and you'll get your money back.

Eventually I will but first I am going to give them a chance to make this right . I am going to keep posting on here so that they get there proper amount
of advertising that they deserve . If this goes on long enough they may have time to answer the phone ,because it will stop ringing if they don't look after their
customers .

That's too bad about your pipe. I haven't had that same bad luck so far with any of my on-line orders for parts (had more trouble with getting the stove from Lowes in the first place). Including the stove board from Venting Pipe... and my pipes from e-fireplace. I could be in your shoes, however except that when I did a search for stove piping e-fireplace came up, not Venting Pipe... I recommend "e-fireplace" if you need to get more pipes in the future.

This is better than I thought 55 people have already read this post .That is awesome . If I ever need more pipe I will go to Embers fire place in Winnipeg .

Remember there's a time limit on how long you can wait to dispute the charges... don't let them string you along. I'd file today... that's the only way to get their attention. If they get enough people who dispute the charges they will be forced to clean up their act.

Status
Not open for further replies.