Up Date

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood spliter

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, ny
Started splitting again. One cord done. I was hoping to get 3, but I'm thinking there is 2. This was storm damage I picked up last month. Its hard to see but there is still a bunch to the left of the canoe.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 372
wood spliter said:
Started splitting again. One cord done. I was hoping to get 3, but I'm thinking there is 2. This was storm damage I picked up last month. Its hard to see but there is still a bunch to the left of the canoe.

Looks good wood spliter, what type of wood is it?

zap

Looking at the canoe the stack is Oak with 4 big pieces left to be split. Most of the rest is Locust with a tiny bit of Maple. I like the Locust since it seems to dry fast. I put the post in the wrong spot but I don't know how to move it.

wood spliter said:
Looking at the canoe the stack is Oak with 4 big pieces left to be split. Most of the rest is Locust with a tiny bit of Maple. I like the Locust since it seems to dry fast. I put the post in the wrong spot but I don't know how to move it.

Not one oak or locust on our property, the moderator can move it.

zap

why is your user name wood spliter? (missing a t in spliTTer) is that your last name or something?

wood spliter said:
Danno77 said:
why is your user name wood spliter? (missing a t in spliTTer) is that your last name or something?
Just a mistake. I didn't realize I did it.
sorry, wasn't trying to be a smartass, I thought maybe that was your last name, which would be super cool considering the topic here at the forum.....

Status
Not open for further replies.