Up or Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
After the high winds we had I'll head back in to make sure the trails are open then head over to this area, I'm thinking the Cherry are still up but it's worth a check.

The bottom of this hill has given up some nice Cherry & Beech. Both pictures are the same trees.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0243.jpg
    100_0243.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 343
  • 100_0244.jpg
    100_0244.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 335
Thanks for posting. Great pics. Cherry and Beech - nice wood.
Is the standing tree in the right of the first picture going to die from the bark scraping it took when the fallen tree slid down it?
What do you do with all your brush. I've only got 6 acres, so I can see most of my property along my 650' driveway. I usually
haul the branches away to burn, or if I have a bit of a hollow nearby, I'll toss them into the low spot to rot.
(I've got about 3/4 balsam fir, with the rest poplar, white birch, pine, maple, cedar, a little spruce and 2 tamarack. Not much hardwood!)
I buy tree length hardwood (about 12 cord a year) and mix in my own softwood, to save money, clean my own property and keep my father
and I busy. Processing wood is our favourite exercise!

I think that tree will die sooner or later, if those are still up then I still have some clean up to do in that area before I can fell them. One of my jobs this summer is to make or clear a good area to burn in.

zap

Zap, maybe a good Northeast, Hearth.com burn party? Lots of help, or not.

Sporting the Zap cap today.

KC

Looks like all the trees are ready to become fire wood. GIBIR :)
Also; Brush piles make good spots for critters.

Those Cherry are still standing, had very little clearing to do on the trails today, just small branches. Never found one tree down on the low side of our property, still have a few areas to hit but tomorrow will be a pine day.
zap

Nice jag of wood there Zap. I'll be out there tomorrow, too, dropping a handful of 15-18" white oaks, I think there's around 6 or so that I am aiming to get out tomorrow morning before the warmup and rain hit us early next week...using the snowmobile and homemade sleigh ....

zapny said:
Those Cherry are still standing, had very little clearing to do on the trails today, just small branches. Never found one tree down on the low side of our property, still have a few areas to hit but tomorrow will be a pine day.
zap

That's good to hear zap. As for the cherry, looks like some really easy cutting.

Status
Not open for further replies.