Up & running ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
As of 10:15 this morning i've been bathing in beautiful warm air . %-P . Like Awesumm & Shooter advised me, the manual plays a big part in the operation . Made 1 call to dealer this morning for a question before i fired her up & he was just great . But this site, well i don't think enuff good things can be said about the great people on here & the super moderators. Just knowing that i no longer have to depend on oil is a fantastic feeling. Right now, i got her on Auto & only have had to adjust amount of heat output to my liking . The noise from the blower is no louder than an air condioner so i'm happy bout that. I can't even hear the auger. I'm hoping when i report back on here later today that i won't have any major headaches to ask about . But rest assured that my gratitude & encouragement to & from the people on this site won't be put aside . Thanks again, Muss

Where is the pics muss? We have been waiting patiently ;-)

Gotta borrow my son in law's digital

What fer stove did you get, muss?

I was buying the Quadra- Fire Castile but at the very last moment decided on a Lopi Leyden .

Muss,

Welcome to the club. I know what you feel about oil.

In my case,
Enviro EF-2 Stove (Used)------------------- $100
Simpson venting-------------------- ~$350
Self Built hearth-------------------- ~$100

Non-recurring costs total-----------~$450

First Ton of NEWP in Nov------------ $250
2nd Ton NEWP in Dec---------------- $265
3rd Ton Green Supreme in Feb----- $279
Electricty for stove (estimate)------~$150
Misc. stuff-----------------------------~$50

Total cost to heat 900sq ft cottage--~$994

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Flipping OPEC the bird---------------Priceless

---Nailer---

muss said:
I was buying the Quadra- Fire Castile but at the very last moment decided on a Lopi Leyden .

Muss,
I looked up the stove from the manufacturer and it looks real nice. Did you go with the black or the Oxford brown enamel?

I am running mine on level 2 its about 35 degrees outside and 77 in my living room 72 upstairs. very nice

For those wanting to see MUSS'S stove here is a stock photo.

Attachments

• 105291.jpg
    105291.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 338
no no no...this just won't do.

Want to see HIS/HER stove...
Nice try- LOL ;-)

IIFAST4U said:
I am running mine on level 2 its about 35 degrees outside and 77 in my living room 72 upstairs. very nice

For those wanting to see MUSS'S stove here is a stock photo.

This looks alot like the Castille.

That's a gorgeous stove. I've never understood why there are so few "classic" looking pellet stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.