UPdate Getting ready for my install!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
Here it is, can't wait to put this into the fireplace. Should be done next week. just have to finish my pad and drop my liner and be ready for some nice warm heat.

Well I should be done tommorow. just have to drop my liner and seal everything up.

Real happy with my pad I did, it was well worth it to make my own and make it the way I wanted it.

The wireless therm will be ready to go. I did not relaize how easy it was to put on. It anyone has one it the same wires you would use for the hard wire.
Just did not look right out of the box with push on instead of screw on.

Putting together the cast surround you should be real careful not to hit your mother board or right side. not something you want to do!

I will post some more picture of outside so people can get a idea what goes on.

I also like to say thanks for everyone who has giving me any pointers on the way.

so hopefully the house should stink like burnt paint for the wife when I fire it up.

Just can't decide what bag I should put in the hopper first LG or Newp.
But thats a thread that has no end to it!

Attachments

• IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 195
Nice, I really like the hearth extension you did. Looks like your fireplace has a limited depth opening like mine, which is why I went with the Castile insert.

Attachments

• IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 273
Nice start and I bet it looks great when your done. Keep them photo's coming. Might help someone with there install as you go along.

Great job so far!
jay

I'm curious (maybe Groundhog can answer this for me):

I never had an insert, nor did I ever see one installed. My question is, once you slide the stove into the fireplace and up against the surround, how do you get into the back to connect the exhaust pipe??? That must be some project, based on what I see in Fish On's pics.

Maybe there's a very easy method that I just don't see/know about (but I always like to learn something new).

Oh, BTW....very nice install so far Fish On. Like the hearth!

Status
Not open for further replies.